Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Splendid Day at ChezElle

 What do high fashion and Promising Pages volunteers have in common? More than we thought! The many talents of Pages Founder Kristina Cruise continue to amaze me as she can now happily check high fashion print model off her list.

Kristina, myself and fellow intern Sandrine Uwera will be featured in the upcoming issue of N Focus magazine. Lucky for us the article included a fabulous photo spread and a chance to pose in some of Charlotte most trend setting fashions from ChezElle Boutique in Southpark. 
ChezElle is one of a kind here in Charlotte. If you look around, you realize how much detail is put into the store. I was taken aback by observing the unique labels, and exclusive designers. Everything in that store seem stylish and affordable. They have an array of clothing, and jewelry that are just to die for.

ChezElle owner Laryn Adams recognizes that most boutiques in Charlotte carry a lot of the same labels and strives to provide her customers with something new and different. Adams decided to change up the status quo and opened ChezElle in March of 2003. 

The store has caught the eyes of celebrities such as Homeland television series co star Claire Danes. Danes is well known for starring in Temple Grandin, Stardust, My so Called Life and Homeland.  Retail Associate Stacy told me, “Danes was a down to earth chick, she did not act like a high paid stuck up actress.”

Here you can find labels such as Elijah, James Coviello, Mara Hoffman, Lauren Moffat, Amanda Upchard, and Rory Beca and new, emerging designers like Tt & queue. Adams travels around the world to find these unique styles. 


N Focus Cover Shoot
Chez Elle is the place that Kristina Cruise, Sandrine Uwera, and I met to get ready for our glamorous photo shoot later in the day. I have to be honest I was very nervous and overwhelmed of what was to come. I came right in to the boutique and was rushed in to make up. Kymm from Mirror Mirror on the Wall and her associate worked her magic on my hair and face. I felt gorgeous.  I was able to wear a golden sequin corset with a long flowy taupe knitted skirt. Sandrine wore a beautiful blue-lace dress, while Kristina rocked a stunning turquoise dress with a faux fur vest and rocking books. I truly have to say that everyone looked beautiful! 

       Our photo shoot took place directly across from the boutique at Firebird. We really worked our way around the "set" posing in front of the fireplace and bar. Logan Cyrus was our talented photographer that gave us direction, and knew exactly what he wanted.


Cruise Poses for N Style Magazine

        The editor of N-Focus, Amanda Pagliarini heard of Promising Pages and wanted to promote our cause in her magazine. Check out the issue, it hits stands November 1st! We are thrilled and completely humbled to be a part of it. Thanks for all of the folks who came together to make this happen. Onward and Upward!

       I am grateful to be a part of something so great for Promising Pages. I enjoyed myself on that special day. And I knew that Promising Pages is exactly where I want to be. Every day I am inspired to do more!     

-Rasheeda Mickle


No comments:

Post a Comment